Skip to main content

Different Perspectives on The Goodness of God

I am still waiting for my breakthrough.. I believe each one of us still having that area that we are all still waiting for that moment when God just shows up and makes things right.. It could be in our family, career, relationship, ministry, purpose, and so many other areas of our lives.. I thought at first we will be truly sincerely give thanks to God and be sure that God is indeed good when that supernatural moment comes.. This is what I believe until I received totally different perspectives recently..

First and foremost God has shown me that His goodness could not be measured by only the mega, big, major things like miracles, supernatural breakthroughs, or unexpected blessings.. It is always us who somehow put a mental barrier that only when this or that happens I could praise God for His goodness.. Only then I can give thanks to God with the right heart attitude.. Only then I would recognize how good God is.. This heart posture kills joy, peace, and hope since it creates lies that God is not good now and put us in a position to believe that we are still waiting for God to prove that He is good, when actually goodness is who He is.. Recognizing the hand of God in small, little, tiny, minor things is the key to living a life that truly enjoys the goodness of God.. 

I was reminded about this as recently I was so pissed off on almost everything in my life.. Everything is so stagnant and nothing is moving like what God has promised.. It makes me grumpy and sulky most of the time.. With my mouth I am saying that it okay God is still working but actually inside my heart I doubt God's goodness and His intention.. This happened a while until I decided to come back to the basic: seeking God through His presence and His Word.. After a silent moment in His presence I started to give thanks to God for the things that may appear 'normal' and I started to cry realizing how much I have missed giving thanks to Him for these 'normal' things.. Health, protection, family, house, my mundane job as a form of His provision, and that I am still alive.. These are the examples that I took for granted.. 

Second perspective that I learned about God's goodness is that it is not a destination but a journey.. Personally to me for a while it seems like that I am only focusing my eyes on the goal, on the prize, on the day that I receive these miracles, breakthroughs, and big blessings.. I treat this as an indication of His goodness, take that as the promise land, and forget to enjoy the journey.. After recognizing all the 'normal' things as His blessings and starting to give thanks to God for them I saw a change in my heart.. My heart is overhelmed with joy and gratitude until it created Godly confidence in me that I do not need to worry or fear of what lies ahead because God is so good, He only has best intention for me, and He only wants the best for me.. Oh what a freedom!!..

Just to share a bit on the 'normal' thing that seems like nothing but actually when I look back I could see His fingerprints are all over it.. This is about our TV and Olympics.. I love sports.. Tokyo 2020 is breath of fresh air for me in the middle of difficult time like this.. When I found out that Sing*** TV has these 13 channels or so to watch Olympics for free I was jumping with joy.. Basketball, 3x3, badminton, football, volleyball for free over the course of the event.. Spontaneously at that moment I said thank you Jesus.. I was like happy but still felt normal about it until I got reminded how I got Sing*** TV at the first place.. I was ecstatic and could not stop praising God about it..

When we moved to our place one year ago we needed to find the broadband provider.. At that time we were so confident that we wanted to go with M* after friend's recommendation.. We tried to make appointment for the installation two times.. The first time it ended up with an error and when we came back again no date that could meet our moving in schedule.. Who wants to move to a new place that is not equipped with internet?!.. From there we checked Sing*** and found an installation slot that fits our schedule.. This booking process went out smoothly and we were so happy that we finally had an arrangement for our internet!!.. Couple of days later a CSO called me and offered me Sing*** TV to go with my broadband package.. I was like no I don't need it (since we have decided to just use Netflix instead of paying extra for the TV package).. I thought the CSO would give up and said okay thank you good bye.. I was wrong.. She kept pushing for this TV package.. I did not pay attention to what she was saying until I heard the word FREE at the end of her sentence.. She got me there and I signed up for the TV and the rest is history..

Looking back to this memory I could not stop praise God because He went that far to make sure I have Sing*** TV to watch Olympics at the comfort of my home during the pandemic situation.. It is like He directed our step to choose the right provider and change our stance on having TV package.. If He could go that far to give the best for me just for 'normal' thing such as this, I could be very confident in His goodness and His intention for my life.. I might not know it yet.. I might not see it yet.. I might not experience it yet.. However my heart is filled with joy, hope, and confidence everytime I give thanks to God for every 'normal' things that point out to His goodness.. I want to recognize and cherish His goodness in this journey rather than putting it as the goal and destination..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It Is All About The Base

Christmas is coming!! 🎉🎉🎉our family is so excited to have our first ever christmas tree in singapore.. we had a mini tree last time but it does not count as it does not have the feel as much as a tree with proper height.. So we bought this tree last sat and tried to set it up on sun and mon.. what took it so long?!.. the biggest issue was we can't make the tree stood straight as it is supposed to.. several tries it leaned backward, another few tries it was slanted to the right.. so frustrating because of 2 things: 1) our expectation is so high as this is our first christmas tree but we could not make it right 2) we hate to dissapoint kakak gide as he kept talking about decorating the tree.. After several battle scars trying to tighten the base we realized that the issue was with the base itself.. it did not serve as firm foundation for the tree to stand straight and tall.. thus we decided to come back to the shop.. cut the drama short (the store's real opening hours differs

Reflection on Hunger

Great truth on hunger from Ps @saulafh for the past few weeks at@vfcsg.. been reflecting on the series with below takeaways from where i stand now: 1) hunger for the right things brings the right atmosphere - if we are hungry for God and the things of God we will be filled with Him and all things that reflect who He is - this means it will bring peace, joy, hope, faith into our lives - if we are angry, disappointed, unhappy maybe because we are chasing the wrong things to fill our deepest hunger which we might realize or not realize it always has to do with our Creator? - i could imagine if i am hungry for kfc and for some whatever reasons i have to settle for salad, it will leave me with some frustration, disappointment there that could only be fixed with having kfc to have my true fulfillment.. and bring joy and peace into my life :) :) :) 2) joyful, peaceful, faithful, hopeful people attracts - first of all it will attract people with the same atmosphere.. this will make the right a